Bony fishes (Osteichthyes) have long endoskeleton, their gills are covered by operculum and have terminal mouth.
- Anguilla (Eel): Larva is Glass fish or leptocephali, catadromous. The young eel back to fresh water. It is known as elver.
- Muraena(Spotted eel): Largest eel. At times it attacks even human beings also.
- Salmo(Salmon) : Anadromous
- Exocoetus (Flying fish): So called because it glides for few metres in air by large pectoral fins.
- Hippocampus (Sea horse): Sometimes referred as pregnant males. Shows parental care. Dried skin used for the preparation of ornaments.
Labeo rohita (Rohu): Carnivorous when young, but become herbivorous when adult, oviparous.